Sunday, December 1, 2013

China 2013: Day 1

Hey there. 

Here's more of a photoblog of our trip to China.  The first few days were in Beijing.  I regret that I can't give detailed narrations of what happened as it happened a month ago and this post is super delayed.  Also, as always in our trips, I forget some details and forget to take notes.  Thus, photoblog.  :)

The trip from Manila took about 5 hours.  We arrived in time for lunch.  I'll probably make a separate post about the food.  From the restaurant, we walked to Tiananmen Square, which was filled with tourists and locals, I believe.  From there, we continued to walk to the Forbidden City.  It was interesting to see it all and hear about the history behind it.  We spent about the whole afternoon walking and adjusting ourselves to the cold weather.  Good thing we come from Baguio, which is safe to say, one of the coldest places in the Philippines.  

We had a short visit to the Temple of Heaven before heading out for dinner.  We didn't stay long though since it started drizzling. 

These were the kids with us during the trip. :)



This is me and Kiko.  Posted this to emphasize how impressed I was of the Canon S110 which was my choice of digital camera for the trip.  But I just had to bring a DSLR as well, my Canon 600D with a 50mm, 1.8 lens on.


 This was our tour guide for Beijing, Sherry.  She organized quite a good trip and was very fluent in English.  You definitely should go on a tour with an experienced tour guide rather than take on the hassle of commuting and trying to communicate.  Most locals barely know how to speak or understand English.


Tiananmen Square

Tiananmen Square

Forbidden City

Forbidden City




Expect to do a lot of walking despite having a tour bus.  So, wear comfortable shoes.


Temple of Heaven
 Traffic is tolerable compared to Manila traffic. :)



For more quality photos, you may want to check my Flickr account. :)

Hoping to post Day 2 tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment