Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ketchup Food Community

Here in Baguio, it's not so often that you see new food places. Somehow, the city would still prefer what has been tried and tested. Top three I can think of that residents of Baguio really like and are always full on Sundays are Rosebowl, Mario's, and O Mai Khan.

 For lunch, Kiko and I went to Ketchup Food Community. From the road you would see the white "Ketchup" sign right away against bamboo walls. It looked like a wide area from afar. You could only guess because of the bamboo surrounding the whole area. I wasn't able to get good photos as I didn't really bring a camera, but I'll surely come back to take better pictures cause the place is nice and different. By the name and the wideness of the place, you would know that there wasn't only one restaurant. I'm not so sure if there were 4 or 5 restaurants. We were pretty pressed for time so we weren't able to really look around and check out each of the restaurants menus. Also, it was quite warm (Baguio's bipolar weather).






We ended up eating at the first restaurant we saw, which was Canto.


The ambiance was nice. They had these photos and the right background music for the place. Isn't it a turn-off when the place is so pretty and relaxing and all of a sudden you hear some ads or like the radio DJs talking. Too bad we could still get a whiff of the horses on the other side (Wright Park is just a cross away.).


We ordered ribs.  I was surprised how big they were when they were served. Kiko and I ordered the same thing. Kiko got the part with more bones and I got the part with more meat. Initially, I thought they were good. The sauce was good and the meat tender. That's all you can ask for in ribs. But as I went on with my meal the meat got tougher and I got full. Sad to say, I wasn't able to finish everything. The ribs were accompanied by a certain salad (I wasn't able to get the name) and mashed potatoes, which I liked.

 To accompany our meal, we ordered their almond lychee gulaman. I didn't expect it to turn out lavender in color but it was. Cool. LOL. It was good. Refreshing and not that bad for 20 pesos. Meanwhile, the ribs (half slab, which was already big, at least for us it was) was 175 pesos. Not bad either. I could imagine the place to have an intimate vibe by night. We'll try next time. We haven't tried the rest anyway. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment