Friday, July 26, 2013

Late Night Editing

There's something about looking at old photos that make you wanna tweak them again and give another feel to each one.  The photo below is one I took for my friend's online shop. 

Here's the before: 


I'm all for keeping the photo as close to the real deal (color, contrast, etc.), but once in a while its great to experiment on color, gradient, etc. to make the photo appear dreamy and hopefully more memorable.  Here's my take tonight with the help of this tutorial:


The girl doing the tutorial took a lot of steps, but I just did those that I thought would help with the photo I was working on.  She was trying to get the style of Emily Soto, who I admire when it comes to photography.  My edit and shot doesn't come close, but I'm still happy with mine.  


P.S. I'm really loving Flickr's interface at the moment, but they crash a lot!  Hope they fix that soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment