Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Travel Diaries: Hong Kong Day 4 (Disneyland)

Hi there!

So, this is the last eventful day of our trip.  By eventful, I mean, it was listed in our itinerary and of course, for the kids this was the highlight.  And yes, we ended it with Disneyland!  The last time I've been to a Disneyland was when I was in grade school.  We went to the Disneyland in Los Angeles.  I do remember some bits of it, like how hot it was, how big the theme park was, and how cool Minnie Mouse's house looked.  It was so much fun and so was Hong Kong Disneyland.


To our relief, the weather cooperated, although it was pretty gloomy during the morning.  But the cool breeze and the shade of the clouds was actually nice for a day in a theme park.  Also, we went during Halloween season (LOL, Halloween season) which was cool cause the theme park was adorned with Halloween pieces.  







I was called "Princess Floey" for a while in college.  So this is a dream come true. LOL.
Our first stop was Adventure Land (I hope I'm right) which had Grizzly Gulch, a new ride in Hong Kong Disneyland.  According to Charles, our tour guide, its scarier than the Space Mountain ride.  We decided to go and ride the scariest first before going to the regular attractions.  I don't have a picture of the place and the ride, but the ride was scary!  The concept is you're like a miner going into a mountain.  The scary part is when a dynamite explodes and you move backwards at a really fast pace.  Once is enough for me, but my guy companions had another spin.



Next, we headed to Toy Story Land, which was also new.  Some other rides weren't even finished and open yet.  We rode two rides in this area, the one with the picture above, which just goes up and down and the one that goes half circle (which again, I do not have a picture off).  The half circle ride, is actually the track  of the race car in Toy Story.  It doesn't flip you over or anything, but its really fast and ALMOST flips you over.  Imagine a circle, cut it in half.






Tinkerbell, so pretty.

Minnie Mouse ice cream. :)
If I'm right, the parade starts at 3 in the afternoon.  Funny story, I watched the parade alone.  I got lost after going to the restroom and left my bag with my companions.  Good thing, we found each other after the parade.  For me, the princesses were the highlight of the parade.


We also watched the Mickey Mouse show.



After dinner, we watched the Halloween parade, which featured the bad guys or the villains.  Look at Cruella de Vill's creepy photo.



Cool pop corn machine.

Wish I had a tripod. 
 A day in Disneyland wouldn't be complete without the fireworks display behind Cinderella's castle.  I opted to take a video of the fireworks, but I haven't pieced them together yet, and I just used my phone.


I hope I get to go back next year around October as well with a point and shoot camera.  Most likely, they would complete Toy Story Land by then.  Also, an additional "land" would be great as HK Disneyland seems small compared to other Disneylands.  It was so much fun. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment