Thursday, November 29, 2012

Travel Diaries: Hong Kong Day 5 (Times Square)

On our fifth and last day in Hong Kong, we spent lunch and the afternoon in Times Square, in Causeway Bay.  We were just waiting for our flight in the evening and didn't have anything in mind to do except last minute shopping.  We've checked out from the hotel already but just left our luggage so that we could still go around.  We decided to hop in the train and head to Causeway Bay to check out Times Square.  Compared to Jordan, the area where we were checked in, this part of Hong Kong was more business-y, formal, and yes, expensive, similar to Central where they have the IFC mall.


The mall is huge and and holds several designer brands.  Its connected to the MTR, so you'll see a lot of  people coming in and out.  Some of them even have their luggage.  Like Times Square in New York, the building has large screens that show some advertisements.  So if you've hung out for quite a while outside, you'd see people suddenly starring up.

* Note: I am aware that my photos are not as sharp as I would have liked them to be.  Must practice on that for next time.


One thing we noticed is that Hong Kong is quite strict with smoking that its sometimes surprising to see people from Hong Kong smoking.

 

If you're wondering what's up with all the random shots, its because I really like taking shots of people who are unaware that they are being photographed.  They just come out more natural.  It feels nice to be in a different environment and to capture the mood of that time.  Also, some of the peoples' choices in fashion are interesting.





The photogenic backpack
The women there dress so chic, but seem effortless.  Most guys look smart and put together, which you would barely notice in most parts of the Philippines, sad to say.






Its great how when you look at one side something different is happening and the scenes are constantly changing.





Busy people and their phones and shopping bags.






And that ends my stalking, LOL.  When it was time to get back, we had noodle soup in one of the many small noodle soup shops around Jordan.  It was really good!  Although our Mami in the Philippines is still best for me.  Later on it was time to head back to the airport.  To my utmost delight, the Hong Kong airport had Popeye's.  Popeye's was one of those fast food chains my parents would buy from when I was a kid (in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia).  I hope Popeye's do come back in the Philippines because I miss their biscuits.

To conclude, last month's trip was great.  It took me a while to adjust when we got home as the vacation was more than a week.  I might follow up with some photos from my phone.

Hope you found this interesting!












1 comment:

  1. This was a great caption of "people watching." That's the exact same thing I do whenever I visit Korea. haha. And those MCM backpacks- they're everywhere in Seoul, too!

    ReplyDelete