Sunday, July 1, 2012

FTW Goes to Forest House

Hi!  Happy Sunday!

My family and I most of the time dine out for Sunday lunch.  This week our choice of restaurant was Forest House, a quaint restaurant that has been recognized by Philippine Tatler as one of Philippines' best restaurants of 2011.  And this time I think I have good photos.   

My dad bought the book, and here's what they had to say about Forest House Bistro & Cafe:

Forest House is the quintessential restaurant in Baguio, blessed with beautiful mountain views.  It has long been one of the favourites to go to in the summer capital - 10 years and going strong among locals, Manila denizens and foreigners alike.



But, lets get on with the food. LOL.   Their signature dish is Forest House Homemade Bagnet, which was actually a starter dish, which I had as my main course with a side order of rice. Very Filipino, am I not.  LOL.  It was good!  I think I'm even craving now as I'm typing.  Hoped for it to be a little bit more crispy but it was fine considering the thickness was just right.  Serving size was not that great too, but I'm not a heavy eater (at least this time I wasn't) so I wasn't too disappointed. 


Dad got the Bagnet with Chicken Adobo.  He said it wasn't anything special and I quite agree with him when I had a taste of it.


Mom's usual order, the safest thing to order actually, is their Lengua con Setas, which I believe is also one of their specialties.


Brother got a chicken dish.  Chicken with peanut garlic sauce of some sort.  I'm sorry I wasn't able to get the exact name but I didn't get a taste of it.  But according to him it was good enough. 


My brother was the only one who ordered a different drink - Chocolate with Amaretto.  He liked it.


While resting before having dessert, I took some shots of the interiors to prove the homeyness.  I get why Philippine Tatler calls it the quintessential "Baguio" restaurant.  The restaurant is made of wood, chairs and tables are wood, and the table setting is sort of country.

 



To cap of our visit, we had Tiramisu and Blueberry cheesecake which were all good, but I've tasted better cheesecake.  But props to their "plate art".  LOL.


So, that was all for this weeks lunch with the family.  I hope this was helpful to those looking for places to visit here in Baguio or at least visually attractive to those who enjoy looking at photos of food. 


No comments:

Post a Comment