Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Photo Walk: Baguio Market

A week ago I was invited by Ma'am Eliza Consul and Sir Ompong Tan to a photo walk, an activity where you simply walk around and shoot whatever you want to shoot (camera/photo speaking).  This photo walk though had a purpose, which I will be discussing some time soon.  The pictures posted aren't that processed.  I just tweaked the contrast a bit for some of them. 

We met up, along with Ma'am Marissa of The Makeup Central, at the side of Abanao Square at a time too early for the both of us, 6 AM.  I just couldn't resist not going since I haven't really participated in similar activities recently.  Because it was such an early time to go about the market, some stalls were still about to open.  Though, it was a nice experience to actually see the market without too much people.  It was even my first time to go to some parts of the market.

Ricarda Luvfunan

Plastic wares.

Pilar Ramos and her infamous chickens.





Eye of the Tiger

Sir Ompong

I hope the brooms won't reach a hundred anytime soon.

Typical Baguio pasalubong.

And that ends our Market photos.  On to some random photos on the way up to Session Road for breakfast.  It was nice to see this old man just reading the paper early in the morning in one of Baguio's parks. 



DBP guard.

Easy to spot Yellow Cab bikes.

The elderly in McDonalds, Session for breakfast.

 Finally, we headed on to Easter Weaving Room to take more photos!



Julia Chumacog of Easter Weaving


8.

I really enjoyed my first photo walk!  If only time and energy would permit, I'd probably do more. I got to spend my morning differently considering I'd probably still be in bed by the time we met up.  I felt productive and I'm happy to have learned a bit more about Baguio since my usual day would go from house to SM and then back.

Hopefully, I could do more.  It doesn't necessarily have to be during the mornings anyway. 

I hope you liked the photos! 


No comments:

Post a Comment