Sunday, January 27, 2013

Route 55 and Some

Baguio's quite a small place and whenever there's something new, people would check it out.  Something I think happens too is that if its good then it stays, if it isn't then it closes down soon enough (happens in SM Baguio quite often, especially on the side areas).  I think.  Don't quote me on that.

A slightly new place is Route 55, which has specialties of ribs and wings.  And so, that is what we ordered.  I have been to Route 55 with my some of my friends, but this is the first time with my family and the first time I had my camera with me.

Route 55 Original Glaze (?) Ribs
The ribs were tender as described in the menu.  The sauce seemed less viscous as I remembered it to be.  I didn't mind though.  Altogether it was a good meal. :)

Lemon Basil Cooler
This was my drink which was quite refreshing especially with the ribs I ordered.

Coffee Hazelnut Crunch
This was my brother's drink.  He said it was good, but not a good choice to accompany his food.  Sorry about the photo of the wings.  LOL.

Route 55 Wings (I think this is the Original too. LOL.)
 Dessert was pretty interesting, deep-fried cheesecake.  Didn't taste much like cheesecake though cause of the corn flakes, the syrup, and the choco bits, but it was a different treat.  The corn flakes breading sorta balanced out the cheesecake inside.  Different textures too.

 Route 55 is located along Legarda Rd., near Pines View Hotel and it has a big Route 55 sign.  It looks like a casual place to dine, but the plating is quite impressive.  The ribs and the wings were around Php 250.00 and the drinks were Php 85.00 I think.


After that, we head to the Orchidarium, which I wrote about last year.  Read about it here.


 This is the only photo I edited, the rest are straight out of the camera.




And this is me trying not to look awkward, "fumafashion blogger".  LOL!!!  My dad is my paparazzi.  



 I really need to get my hair done.  The jacket I'm wearing has been my favorite ever since I got it.  It is a necessity with the weather lately.  Three layers of clothing is needed, for me at least.


Watch out!  I'm about to attack you! LOL.
 My family loves the Orchidarium.  Give it a visit when you're in Baguio, even if you won't buy any plants.  Just go and take photos cause it is a lovely place. :)



2 comments:

  1. Hi Florence,

    Thank you for featuring Route 55 in your blog.We really appreciate this and we look forward to your next visit with friends or family. Do keep us posted. We hope you don't mind if we also post this on our online accounts. Thanks again and all the best for you and your blog.

    Best Regards,

    Route 55 Team

    ReplyDelete